commons-dev mailing list archives

From jbre...@wi.rr.com (Jeffrey D. Brekke)
Subject Re: [net] Branching
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2004 15:11:51 GMT

Daniel, I agree with all your ideas, but it seems to me you can branch
from any tagged point in the revision history so I'm not sure what the
idea is behind deleting/renaming the tags.

http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-1.11.10/cvs_5.html#SEC56

Given that, as per Steve's message, we can make 1.1 compatibilty
changes on HEAD, release and tag, and branch from that point in the
future when/if there are bug fixes required?

It's early New Year's morning, so my head may be a bit foggy!