commons-dev mailing list archives

From scolebou...@btopenworld.com
Subject Re: [collections] CaseInsensitiveHashMap
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:04:19 GMT
>  from:    Phil Steitz <phil@steitz.com>
> 1. I made no attempt to handle or mask nulls -- puts with null keys will
> throw NPEs.
This seems harsh. I would prefer to support nulls if possible.

> 2. I made no attempt at allowing the locale to be set or otherwise
> changing the default behavior of toLower() in convert().
I'm wondering how your implementation works. I was expecting the isEqualKey() method to be
overridden, rather than converting the key on add. (Note that the same code also has to go
in a MapEntry)

> 3. I need the secret recipe for making the "canonical serialized object
> file" so that I don't have to dummy out the "compatability" tests (or not
> :)  Is this documented somewhere?
Its commented out in the bottom of some of the tests. (HashedMap?)

Stephen