commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] logo
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:21:12 GMT

Phil Steitz wrote:

> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> Phil's planning to update the look and feel of the site, heres a new
>> logo to fit on the white background.
>>
>> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/math/xdocs/images/math.gif?rev=1.2&view=markup

>> -Mark
>>

> I committed the l&f changes.  I like the [math] thing in the logo, but I
> don't like the way it overlaps the commons piece.  Maybe eliminate the
> commons thing or make [math] smaller?  I should add my usual disclaimer
> that I have 0 artistic ability, so this may be fine as is ;-)
>
> Phil

I was trying to get a little more consistent look with the rest of the
projects by adding in the "commons".

Unfortunately, if I make the [math] part smaller it looses readability.

Another idea I have is to make the commons part a shadow. I'll muck with
it more over the weekend.

-Mark
--
Mark Diggory