commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject [math] "Straw man" release plan
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:58:09 GMT
After reviewing
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/versioning.html>
I agree with Mark that we should be aiming for a 1.0 release of [math].

Here is a "straw man" plan, with lots of detail missing.

1. Complete the following code / doco tasks

a. Finish the User Guide
b. Finalize and execute RealMatrix solve() strategy
c. Finalize and execute spline changes
d. Extend certified data tests with tests against R or other sources (need
to finalize what is included here)
e. Fix broken links and other errors in javadoc
f. Improve path and boundary value test coverage
g. Finalize and implement "BeanList" stats

2. Use Mark's magical maven release-generator to cut a 1.0-B1 release
including everything currently in CVS other than the /experimental tree.
(Confidence intervals, the Bootstrap and Multiple Regression will have to
wait until 1.1.)

3. Depending on feedback from B1, proceed either to B2... or RC1... then
1.0 final.

Am I missing anything?  Are there other things that we think really *must*
get into 1.0?  Are there things that we should omit?

Mark, do you want to play the Release Manager role?  If not, I am willing
to do it.

Phil