commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [release managers] Rsync with Apache's Maven repository
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:44:42 GMT
Yes, order of these would be up to the developers. But, ordering of
these does not necessarily dictate with file is used in the case of
snapshot, I believe in such a case the snapshots are compared in the two
repositories for underlying version backing them, the newest of the two
versions is used.

What this means as well is that when your developing/testing and using
the nightly build repository, your snapshots will resole to the bleeding
edge, when you actually cut a release, you would remove the nightly
build repository from your configuration and just use ibiblio, the
snapshot would resolve to the newest versioned release stored on ibiblio.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer