commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Whats in a name (or Group-id's anyone?)
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:01:12 GMT
tough call, isn't jakarta just a "java foundry" at apache or an actual
project. I suspect this is why it is not actually used in the package names.

org.apache.commons...
org.apache.catalina...
org.apache.bcel...

This is also what other projects outside of jakarta seem to misenterpret
(and even projects within). Guess thats what all that hubbub about PMC's
is these days.

-Mark

__matthewHawthorne wrote:

> I think that all of Jakarta should deploy under groupId jakarta.apache.org.
>
> It would eliminate about 1/4 of the directories on ibiblio right now.
> That's an exaggeration, but I'm sure you get my point.

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu