commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lang] version 2.1?
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:18:02 GMT
Gary Gregory wrote:
> Any feelings + or - on releasing a 2.1?
>
> I for one would like to use some of new features like
> SystemUtils.getJavaIoTmpDir() and ToStringStyle.ShortPrefixToStringStyle) in
> our company's product from a released version.

[lang] has seemed kind of dead lately.  I don't know if I'd consider the
additions you mentioned as enough for a 2.1 -- so I'd probably be +0.

Other ideas to possibly go into 2.1 -- I still have the MutableNumber
classes that could be ready to go.  That discussion seemed to dissolve a
few months ago.

We also may want to consider renaming the enum package since "enum" will
be a keyword in java 1.5.