commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Allow anonymous issue creation in JIRA?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 16:01:57 GMT
Hi Noel,

>It does!  :-)  It imports your login.  I believe that the only issue is that
>you have to have it reset your password.  But I could be wrong about that,
>so we should check.

This is good, but does this mean that the login/password is truely
shared (password changed one place changes for the other) or just a
similar login, but separate passwords. The former would be prefereable
to me, though I can probably just set the password to be the same
manually as long as there is no regular expiration time on passwords in
JIRA.

>So it seems that a preference would be for Jira to show the option to enter
>an issue, even when not logged in, and then just require a login.

The concerns of others about supporting open source projects like
Bugzilla not withstanding (which I sympathize with). However I think
with these changes that would be the only issue, and I'll leave that
philosophical debate to others.

-Gus