commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus.h...@olin.edu>
Subject Re: Less talk, more action
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:30:47 GMT
On the management issues side, I would like to note that this mailing
list is extremely heavyweight for people who only want to monitor one
project. I am subscribed to keep abrest of any changes in
commons-sandbox-sql. I am currently using the recently added alter table
support and loving it. Unfortunately this means 99% of the mail on this
list is useless to me. Obviously one can't have separate lists for every
sandbox project.. but if there were at least a separate sandbox list
that would cut the load some. I have a filter on any subject that
contains sql in it, but such filters may miss things, and I get a fair
number of false positves that way too.

When I clear out this mail folder, I sometimes wind up being tempted to
respond to other mails (like this one) possibly contributing to the
action/talk dillema you mentioned.

-Gus