commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Apache Maven Repository Location
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:11:08 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>>Migrating publication of jar files to that exclusive location would make
>
> it
>
>>>more difficult for people who don't use maven to find what they want.
>>
>>Such individuals are going for the tar/zip's anyways, are they not?
>

> Why?  They may simply be one not using maven, and just trying to find a jar.

Sorry, (IAOMF)... yes, they could be, I guess. I just personally don't
run around looking for jars to download outside of maven, if such is the
case I usually go for the distribution tar/zip and extract the jar/
place it somewhere local.

My ideal though, is that there should be some way we can resolve to have
the locations that jars exist in dist organized such that they are
available in the maven repository as well without major headaches, I'm
not exactly partial to how its done.

> FWIW, the Repository project URI
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFRepository/URISyntax) tries
> to provide convenience to both.  There has been some recent discussion on
> the list that indicates that we might finally have a bit of cooperation from
> the different client tool projects.
>
> 	--- Noel

Getting on the list as we speak, will be posting there shortly. I will
migrate all my discussions on this subject and off the infrustructure
and jakarta lists.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory