commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Apache Maven Repository Location
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:21:33 GMT
Jason van Zyl and I just worked out some details for distributing a
Apache specific maven repository to ibiblio.

Basically we achieved the following:

1.) /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository was pre-existing and has
"apcvs" group write permissions. We tested out distributing maven
artifacts to this directory with success, for example:
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-math/jars/

2.) because this resides in the dist directory it is mirrored at ibiblio
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/apache/java-repository/

3.) Jason will work out the details at ibiblio to merge the contents of
this directory with the maven repository at ibiblio:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven

Now we need to begin working to have jar (and possibly other) artifacts
built by maven end up in:

/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository

instead of having builds go to

/www/www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/commons/

For non-maven users, Jason wrote a shell script which will upload your
artifact to the repository and generate an md5 shecksum for it. You need
and existing apache account and be a member of the apcvs group.

Usage:
deploy-jar-apache your.jar your_project_id

For the next step, I'll probibly work on getting the existing Apache
project distributions located in http://www.ibiblio.org/maven replicated
in our repository location so that they will show up on all mirrors in
the future.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory