commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: new project question
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:40:47 GMT
Oliver Heger wrote:
> I am working on a SQL generator library and would like to donate it to
> an open source community. I think it would fit into Jakarta Commons.
> Here is some information about it:
 >
 > [ ... ]
 >
> Please let me know if there is some interest in this code. If not, what
> other options do I have to make it open source?

I'm in the process of moving the [sql] project
( http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/sql )
from the jakarta-commons sandbox into db-commons.

I've used this project in order to generate SQL to create a schema and
fill it with an initial set of data.

Your library sounds interesting, and I suggest you follow Robert's
advice and contact the db.apache.org list.  Once I get [sql] moved,
there may be an opportunity to combine (or create some harmony between)
the two projects.

However, I suspect that torque or ojb may already have some code that
does similar things to yours.  [sql] was originally a part of torque.