commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [math] Re: cvs commit: jakarta-commons/math/xdocs tasks.xml
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:18:12 GMT

Phil Steitz wrote:

> --- "Mark R. Diggory" <mdiggory@latte.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
>>Hey Phil,
>>
>>I'm still planning to get around to some confidence interval features
>>(problem is determining the which approaches to determining conf are the
>>best to use in which situations).
>

> There is no generic solution that will work for arbitrary statistics,
> though bootstrap confidence intervals have wide applicability and might be
> OK to use as a default (though they are computationally expensive and would
> only work for the "stored" impls).  I will think more about this.

Very true.
>  Even if their not going into the
>
>>initial release, can we keep them around somewhere on the tasks or dev
>>page to give others ideas.
>

> Great.  I removed the task that was there because it referred to adding
> confidence intervals to the Univariate interface, which no longer exists in
> its old form.  Also, the ability to compute t-based confidence intervals
> exists in the code today.
>
> I will create a "post 0.1" section and add a task there if you don't do it
> first.

Sounds good to me too.

>>Also theres allot of solver framework stuff going on in the
>>"src/java/experimental" directory. This directory itself will not go
>>into the initial release, but some of the code in it is available as
>>possible approaches to pluggability of solvers/functions etc into the
>>rest of the api.
>>

> I would like to settle on a release plan for 0.1.  Other than completing
> the user guide and refactoring RealMatrix, and a little code/test tidying,
> what else remains to be done?  I will volunteer to play the release manager
> role if no one else wants to do it.  In any case, I will help.
>
> Phil

 From my other emails, you can see I was trying to generate
distributions using Maven. Robert pointed out some md5 and signature
stuff. I'll punt on that for a little while. I'm mostly interested in
getting the packaging process as automated as possible so the release
process is more "code oriented" and less of a packaging project.

-Mark
--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer