commons-dev mailing list archives

From Fredrik Westermarck <fredrik.westerma...@mdh.se>
Subject [lang] DateRange
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:46:40 GMT
Hi!

Since I need a DateRange class myself, I thought I'd start working on it.

Is there any specification or old discussions about what the class
should do? All I could find in the maillist archives about the class was
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=104014855502915&w=2>,

which wasn't that helpful...

However I've come up with the following methods that could be useful for
DateRange:

- getDifference(), the difference between start and stop in milliseconds
- beforeStart(Date), if the parameter is before the start of the range
- afterEnd(Date), if the parameter is after the end of the range
- contains(Date), if the parameter is within the range
- contains(DateRange), if the supplied range is within the range

What do you folks think about the naming and scope of the methods?

Anyone that may have suggestions about additional methods that could be
useful?

Regards,
Fredrik Westermarck