commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <e.bo...@cross-systems.com>
Subject Re: [codec] [vote] JIRA
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:55:40 GMT
Tim O'Brien wrote:

> Sure, we could continue to use Bugzilla, but version numbers are not
> isolated for Commons Components, and, frankly, I don't see a lot of
> people knocking down the door here to help out.

JIRA just like Bugzilla doesn't support per component version numbers,
that doesn't make sense. The issue is how Bugzilla is used at Apache,
all commons components are under the same "Jakarta Commons" products but
they should be under their own product to manage their version numbers.
It's the way JIRA is structured at codehaus :

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

In the recent versions of Bugzilla projects can be grouped, see the
project list for Mozilla :

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi

compared to the current project list at Apache :

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi

That would allow the grouping of Jakarta Commons projects instead of
using a unique project.

I'm sure there are people willing to help, and I'd like to help, but I'm
not empowered to maintain the system.

Emmanuel Bourg