commons-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: [codec] [vote] JIRA
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:30:28 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> What exactly does Jira have to do with release management and site
> publishing?  I am asking out of ignorance here.  I thought Jira was an
> issue tracker.

It *is* an issue tracker, so what it does very cleanly is associate bug
fixes with releases and provide a generated roadmap and changelog
(roadmap = issues resolved in upcoming versions, changelog = issues
resolved in released versions).  It does not address site publishing.

You can checkout a few ASF projects that were using JIRA at codehaus
already to get a feel for it (http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/).  I can't
imagine JIRA would ever be made the only bug tracker available to ASF
projects.  It's a tool to use if you want to help manage your project.

--
Serge Knystautas
President