commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: [collections] RC1 Maven site for review
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:32:39 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> * Do we really need to show links to every commons/sandbox component?
>   Might the link to Components.html suffice by itself?  If we decided
>   to standardize on this approach, we would not have to worry about
>   regenerating and redeploying all of the maven sites when new things
>   are added to the sandbox or things move from the sandbox to the
>   commons proper. I know that eventually we will have an integrated
>   maven site, but even then it seems like all of the links on every
>   page might be overkill.

I agree with Phil here.  I think this is the incl_nav.xml that is being
included in the xdocs/navigation.xml.  This is something that at first I
thought was a great idea, but as time went on I'm starting to find it
annoying.  For a project like collections (or any other commons
project), a simple link back to the Jakarta Commons home page would be
enough, I think.

The other bad thing about including the commons navigation is that it
bumps the Project Info and Project Reports to the bottom.  This could be
considered more of a limitation of Maven, I guess.

Other than that, I think the site looks great, especially the User's
Guide. Good job!