commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [collections] What is left to do for 3.0?
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:47:16 GMT
Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> The [collections] CVS has been tidied up prior to a 3.0 release today. The
> CVS now only contains those classes to be released in a 3.0. These are all I
> know of:
>
> - Should PriorityQueue be deprecated? (Buffer effectively replaces it)

+1

> - Add CaseInsensitiveMap?

I don't want to hold up the release. If we are actually ready to cut RC1
now, it is probably better to hold off on adding anything new.  The class
is trivial, however, so if we expect a little span time between now and
actual release, we might want to add it now.

> Do we just RC1 and then release, or do we need a public Beta? (I favour the
> former)

What has [collections] done in the past?