commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [site] Out of date: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/components .html
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 18:03:37 GMT
David Graham wrote:
> --- Gary Gregory <ggregory@seagullsw.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>The page http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/components.html is out of
>>date
>>WRT lang, httpclient and maybe others.
>>
>>If every project has a project.xml, maybe the page could be
>>auto-generated
>>when project is rev'ed?
>

> I'd like to see that page removed because it's yet another step in the
> already time consuming release process.  It's easy to forget to update it
> which leads to the current situation.  I don't see what value it adds to
> the site with the components already listed in the left nav.

I agree, especially since in many/most cases the download links point to
the generic "binary download" page.  I am +1 for removing this page.

We should do this or fix the links in any case.  HTTPClient, Net, and Lang
are all out of date and Configuration is missing from the page.

Configuration also needs to be moved on the left nav from the sandbox to
the Commons proper.

Phil