commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [collections] CaseInsensitiveHashMap
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 08:19:10 GMT
I have written the 3 lines necessary to implement a CaseInsensitiveHashMap
by extending HashedMap.  Before committing, I have a couple of questions /
consensus points.

1. I made no attempt to handle or mask nulls -- puts with null keys will
throw NPEs.

2. I made no attempt at allowing the locale to be set or otherwise
changing the default behavior of toLower() in convert().

3. I need the secret recipe for making the "canonical serialized object
file" so that I don't have to dummy out the "compatability" tests (or not
:)  Is this documented somewhere?

Phil