commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: [collections][lang] 2004
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 06:31:13 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Phil Steitz wrote:
>

>>notices when we change files.  One thing that we probably do *not* want to
>>do is to just replace the 2003 references with 2004, since that would make
>>the files from 2003 look like their protection began in 2004.
>

> I assume we'd replace -2003 with -2004. So not a problem, then ([^-])2003
> with \12003-2004 perhaps to add those on.

And 2001, 2003, etc.  The problem is that I am not sure that blast
updating when there is no change to the protected content is correct.  I
am not a lawyer, but my understanding is that the last date in the
copyright notice should be the year when the content was last changed. I
am -0 to doing a blast update.

Phil