commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [uid] Uuid
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:30:56 GMT

> > For class names, Sun says to use mixed case name and ACRONYMS and for
> > statics, use uppercase with underscores (MAX_WIDTH). Does this mean
> > that we should have class names like XML_DOM_ReaderThing?
>
> No, it would be XMLDOMReaderThing, since a class is not a static member.
>
> 	--- Noel

Which is what I not too seriously claim is inconsistent. I was trying to
give a silly example where in one case, having all caps is a reading problem
and underscores have to be used to split word boundaries, e.g. MAXWIDTH vs.
MAX_WIDTH, and in the other case, for class names, nothing is mentioned
XMLDOMReaderThing or c.net's VMSFTPEntryParser vs. an imaginary nasty
VMS_FTPEntryParser (or VM_SFTPEntryParser? ;-)

Gary