commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Cohen" <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject [net][vote] Release plan for commons-net.1.2.0
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:21:10 GMT
I am now proposing for a formal vote, releasing commons-net.1.2.0.  The
proposal is to release the current HEAD branch, as last amended by me over a week ago.

I know there are other patches that have been submitted but no one seems to have the time
to evaluate them.  The current version of the code contributes autodetection of system type
with manual override capability for any ListParser and accomplishes substantial refactoring,
reducing the confusion level in this part of the system.  These are important changes and
will enable better interface with Ant.

This plan does NOT encompass the release of the 1.1.1 branch as the last
JDK1.1 compatible version.  Although the code now in that branch compiles and runs if jakarta-oro-2.0.1.jar
is substituted for 2.0.7, it throws JIT errors which probably have more to do with my execution
environment or some configuration mistake in this ancient JDK and I'm stumped.  I recommend
doing this release later (CVS tag is there, waiting to be handled) when more time may be available
to look at these issues.  If anyone is familiar with JIT errors in JDK1.1 perhaps they can
weigh in on what error messages in my previous emails mean.

My vote, of course:
+1