commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] 1.2 release (Re: [net] checked in parser factory implementation)
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 22:38:50 GMT

In message <NBBBJGEAGJAKLIDBKJOPGEALGHAB.noel@devtech.com>, "Noel J. Bergman" w
rites:
>> We may need a signed CLA before we can include it should it pass muster.
>
>This is an area I find confusing, as well, but AIUI to date we mostly
>require a CLA only from a committer.  If the codebase is significant (a grey
>area), one could ask for a software grant, as we have done in some cases.

I should have said software grant.  That is, unless we vote Jason Matthews
in as a committer (or already is one unbeknownst to me), which we will
probably want to do if he's committed to helping maintain the code.  At any
rate, after reviewing the code, should we decide to assimilate it, we
ought to fire an inquiry to the PMC list since it's more than a small patch.
My preference is to get something signed whether it's a software grant or
the usual mandatory CLA after voting the contributor in as a committer.

In other news, we need to write a status file to keep track of what we
need to get done before a 1.2 release.  I'll get to it over the
next week if no one beats me to it.  So far we've got the VMS parser
issue and a review of the NTP/SNTP code.  We ought to scan the bug
list, but if Ant is waiting for a new release, we can postpone bug
fixes to 1.2.1 and make 1.2 only a functionality enhancement release.

daniel