commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [net] Tag NET_1_1_1 created
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:25:53 GMT

In message <200401011943.41760.scohen@javactivity.org>, steve cohen writes:
>On Thursday 01 January 2004 04:17 pm, Jeffrey D. Brekke wrote:
>> Should we roll out a release of this version?

+1.  We clearly have lazy consensus, but we need a formal vote cc'ed
to the PMC list for all to be kosher.

>I guess so.  It should be billed as the last JDK-1.1-compatible version.

Yep, but should we indicate a willingness to backport bug fixes when requested
for say the next 6 months?

>I am more interested in the next version - the one that will have the parser
>factory.  When that is out, I will be able to take it to the ant folks as
>part of the fix to solve their inability to connect to non-unix ftp servers.

Now that you've tagged the code keep on working on the new stuff while
you've got the time.  Jeffrey or I can handle the release management for
1.1.1 so you can seize your window of opportunity to code.

daniel