commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Status of Betwixt
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:31:47 GMT
On 6 Jan 2004, at 02:50, Ryan Hoegg wrote:

> I am a happy betwixt user and would be happy to take a more active
> role sometime in late January.

cool. more hands, eyes and brains would be great :)

> What are your concerns with betwixt as it is now?

too many to list quickly. it took me a long time to understand a little
about what a start-from-java mapper needs to do. now i think i have an
idea, the current betwixt internal structure isn't strong and simple
enough to support it.

there are some list of planned features on the todo list in the
documentation.

the refactoring i've been (slowly) doing is a complete rewrite (again)
of the xml reading code.

> Perhaps a little road map?

i'd suggest that we start off as martin says: i'll tidy up my
refactored code and create a branch this weekend. we'll get together
for a chat on IRC sometime next week or weekend.

i know that some people want (and possibly need) a proper (non-alpha)
release. the code in cvs head is probably good enough for a 0.1 or 0.5
release but some other committer would need to manage it. this could be
done as soon as convenient. (the more advanced refactored stuff would
be on the branch.)

> Do we have a wiki?

probably :)

but IIRC the apache wiki's (does anyone know more?) are being
restructured so maybe it'd be a good idea to hold off until the dust
settles

- robert