commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: Apache Maven Repository Location
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2004 02:55:02 GMT
On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 15:04, Henk P. Penning wrote:
> On 17 Jan 2004, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > Date: 17 Jan 2004 01:02:27 -0500
> > From: Jason van Zyl <jason@maven.org>
> > To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Cc: Apache Infrastructure <infrastructure@apache.org>
> > Subject: Re: Apache Maven Repository Location
>
> > To the best of my knowledge I have place a copy of the Apache projects
> > that were on ibiblio into the maven repository now at Apache:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/
> >
> > Please take a look, if I missed anything I will grab it from ibiblio, if
> > there are things in there that don't belong please nuke them.
> >
> > As things stand now the apache dist will get sync'd once a day, if you
> > want the maven stuff sync'd more frequently and I will get it pulled
> > more often.
> >
> > Anyway, many thanks to start. I was just waiting for an avid user to
> > step up and push it through. If there's anything else I can do let me
> > know.
>
>   Please take a look at
>
>     http://www.apache.org/~henkp/md5/

Where's the nifty script that outputs that?

>   The java-repository contains
>
>   -- 2 dead symlinks
>   -- 5 cases where the computed md5 is inconsistent with de .md5 file

Cool, will fix. I have scripts to regenerate all the md5 files but is
there something you would rather me use?

>   -- numerous doubles: the repository contains a lot of stuff that
>      is already somewhere else in 'dist/'.

I'll let you guys hash that one out. Projects using Maven only really
need the java-repository, or the script I provided could be modified to
make the appropriate symlinks. What you guys want, no skin off my back.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

-- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)