commons-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Jakarta Commons moving to JIRA
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:19:17 GMT
I'm -0 on moving Digester (the project I mostly contribute to).

It's purely on philosophical grounds. While it's kind of the JIRA team
to grant free use of their product I would prefer to stay with something
free. I'm not opposed to commercial products but bug/issue tracking is a
core development tool and as such there really should be a good free
solution. By moving to JIRA we take away motivation to work on better
free alternatives to Bugzilla, like Scarab (http://scarab.tigris.org).