commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] unescaping properties
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:46:11 GMT
Re: [configuration] unescaping propertiesOkay, I'm sold!  I guess we can
start simple with PropertiesConfiguration and then add it to others if
usecases come up.  Is there anything else you want in 1.0?  Otherwise I want
to move to cutting the Release Candatate this weekend.

Eric
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Emmanuel Bourg [mailto:e.bourg@cross-systems.com]
  Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 2:09 PM
  To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
  Subject: Re: [configuration] unescaping properties

  I noticed this issue because i needed \n to be handled in my .properties
  files, that's the only way to have a line return in a property in such a
  file. The same is not true for a DatabaseConfiguration for example, the
  value field can store unescaped characters. Same thing for
  XMLConfiguration, line returns are naturally accepted in the property
  values and XML entities can be used for special characters. That's why i
  would say it's a problem specific to PropertiesConfiguration and
  AbstractConfiguration doesn't need to be modified.

  Emmanuel Bourg