commons-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Silberman <hsilb...@pdi.com>
Subject [DBUtils] Extending QueryLoader...
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:13:45 GMT

Hello,

I'm working on an application that uses "Named Queries" much like the
DBUtils QueryLoader class reads in from a Java properties file.  The queries in
my application are stored in a relational database on the server side and I was
hoping I could extend QueryLoader so it fetched the NAME/SQL pairs in an
application-specific way, something like this:

public synchronized Map load(DataSource aDS) throws IOException;
public synchronized void unload(DataSource aDS);

I'm new to DBUtils, and figured I'd ask before trying to extend this class in my
code to accomodate something like the two methods above.  Is this a sane thing
to do?  I won't get exactly what I want by extending this class, because I don't
need the properties file versions of load and unload.  Should I just create an
alternate app-specific QueryLoader, or am I not seeing a better way of
leveraging the existing QueryLoader class?

thanks...
Hernan