commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ash .." <equinus...@hotmail.com>
Subject class-mobility between packages
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 22:04:56 GMT
On observing some of the programming activity on this list, I find that
classes are moved around -- respectably speaking, refactored -- into other
packages quite generously. I would like to know what the general guidelines
to this are, especially I mean, where do you draw the line. And with special
view on backward-compatibility, what is the guiding principle here?

I ask this is special relevance to lang, collections and primitives, but the
question applies to any others within the commons framework as well.

Ash