commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [Fileupload] Progress bar
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:20:18 GMT

Howdy,

>Granted, it may not be small and contained for them. However, contrast
that
>level of work with the amount Craig is talking about ("a low level
server
>API abstraction" with the servlet API built over that), and I think
you'll
>agree the another EventListener that already fits nicely into the 2.4

Look at Jetty, it's basically a low-level HTTP implementation with
servlets on top.  You might be able to do your custom listener there
easily.

>"As we already discussed on tomcat-dev, that would be extremely
difficult
>to do in a performant manner.  And JavaDoc isn't enough to help here."
>
>Why was JavaDoc sufficient on tomcat-dev but not on this list? We're

It wasn't there, and it isn't here.  I mentioned a default configuration
that retains current performance as the other half of the precondition,
and I now doubt that's possible with the current tomcat connectors.

Yoav Shapira