commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [digester] repost: variable expansion in digester
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:29:16 GMT
hi simon

i've committed a first cut so that people can take a look (and post any
comments before i get too attached to the design ;). i've abstracted
the substitution into a separate abstract class which has an interface
for substituting both body text and attributes. this should allow them
to variable separately (so that people can do stuff like substitute
just body text, for example).

you code forms the implementation contained in the new substitution
package. there's a little more work to create an implementation but i
think that the gains are big - by decoupling the implementation we can
support any strategy that users care to think of.

i need to tidy up tomorrow by adding more documentation and looking at
remy's implementation. i'll probably create a Substitutor
implementation that just does what tomcat needs. (but it might not be
necessary.) this is work best left until after a sleep :)

comments, please.

(documentation patches would be even more gratefully received ;)

- robert