commons-dev mailing list archives

From __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>
Subject Re: SystemUtils methods vs. fields vs. new class [WAS: [lang] SystemU tils.JAVA_IO_TMPDIR]
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:52:22 GMT
I feel that all of the methods which deal with system properties aren't
very useful.

Here's the choice:

1) new File(SystemUtils.JAVA_IO_TMPDIR)
- may throw a NullPointerException if a secret SecurityException occurs

2) new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"))
- may throw a SecurityException

I just don't think that adding code to SystemUtils to accomplish this
task is worth the effort.  What's the problem with option 2 above?