commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <heg...@med.uni-marburg.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Exception handling - was Automatic reloading
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:04:07 GMT
I don't know the preferred policy for API changes. From monitoring this
list I got the impression that this can be complicated: old methods
first have to be deprecated before they can be removed/replaced in a
later release.

I am not sure if deprecation helps in all cases, e.g. if a method's
return value is to be changed or its throws clause.

If you think that API changes are no problem after a first release, then
I am fully happy with it. Otherwise I would suggest doing this clean up
first.

Oli