commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <e.bo...@cross-systems.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Automatic reloading
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:09:31 GMT
I like the idea of a decorator, I'm implementing it currently. I see one
issue though, I was considering a refactoring of the include logic in
BasePropertiesConfiguration to use a tree of configurations, i.e. if the
property can't be found in the parent configuration, it would look up in
the children configurations.

With a decorator pattern the included configurations can't be reloaded
automatically unless the BasePropertiesConfiguration wraps them in a
ReloadableConfiguration. In this case it wouldn't be possible to manage
their reloading properties (enabling/disabling, refresh delay). If the
PropertiesConfiguration was reloadable, it could propagate its reloading
properties to its children.

Emmanuel Bourg