commons-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: [lang] new StringBuffer.. what to call it
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:34:33 GMT
Like Stephen, I think that words used in type names must correspond to the
concept being abstracted.

If a non-native English speaker would lookup up "Strand" in a dictionary, I
do not think he or she could understand the correspondence with the code.

Actually, I live by "the strand", so the name has a whole other connotation
for me! ;-)

Gary