commons-dev mailing list archives

From Keith Bennett <krbennet...@yahoo.com>
Subject [collections] Functors: why in commons.collections and not commons.lang?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:23:50 GMT
I understand that Functor interfaces (Factory, Predicate, Closure,
Transformer) are used by classes in the collections library, and need
to be accessible by that library.

However, I believe these interfaces are universally useful in cases
having nothing to do with collections.

It's too bad they're not in java.lang.  I wonder if they could have
been
placed in commons.lang instead of commons.collections.  I guess that
would have required that commons.lang *always* be present when
commons.collections was used, and that is undesirable.  Is this how
the decison was made to include them in commons.collections?

- Keith Bennett