commons-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>
Subject Re: [codec] [proposal] Moving To Apache Commons
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:31:16 GMT

On Dec 20, 2003, at 2:47 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> To go to A-C means to have no supporting community other than codec
> developers.
> Will you ask for your own mailing list?
I would not.
> or be on the same list as Serf?
Or be here on the same list as jxpath, digester, io, etc?  I do not see
the difference.
> Are there enough of you?
How does moving there change this?
> Who will judge the readiness for releases (the A-C members?)?
Already answered, but the PMC of AC
> Is there no affiliation with the rest of J-C as one community?

Somebody is willing to test the waters and give it a shot.  I for one
would personally rather see all of J-C move over. If codec wants to go
first while we 'discuss' moving J-C over, then I am +1 as well.

Scott