commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [configuration] Change getVector to getList
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:56:06 GMT
[configuration] Change getVector to getListOkay, I applied your patch.  The
other patch for a ConfigurationException we should redo then.  I was
thinking about ConfigurationException..   We bascially never expect it to
happen..  Should it be a RuntimeException?  Otherwise, everywhere you do
configuratoin.getString("myval") you have to check for the darn exception...

Eric
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Emmanuel Bourg [mailto:e.bourg@cross-systems.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 5:45 PM
  To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
  Subject: [configuration] Change getVector to getList

  This change was already discussed briefly in september, with the move
  out of the sandbox and the near 1.0 release I'd like to push this patch
  to clean the API before the first public release. The patch replaces the
  getVector methods in the Configuration interface by equivalent getList
  methods. All Vectors in the implementation have been converted to
  List/ArrayLists. The only Vector left is in the
  ConfigurationConverter.getExtendedProperties method since the
  ExtendedProperties class doesn't seem to accept Lists. The documentation
  and the test cases have been modified accordingly.

  Emmanuel Bourg