commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [collections] general roadmap - 3.0
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 09:31:29 GMT
Well 3.0 is the next release. I reckon the coding part is coming to an end.
Here is the a rough current todo list:

Coding
--------
- Create events project in sandbox for observables code
- Possibly rename pairs subpackage and possibly move MultiKey into it
- Move CommonsLinkedList/NodeCachingLinkedList to list subpackage
- Create LRUMap implementation in map subpackage that extends HashedMap
- Possibly deprecate move FastXxx classes to subpackages, possibly add
decorators in subpackages to do same job

Releasing
----------
- Produce snapshot build for maven
- Remove observables/primitives/other odds and ends
- Review all code
- Check backwards compatability with 2.1
- Release notes
- Release (Beta then Full??)

There are other classes that *could* be written, but they don't *have* to
be. Notably
- Synchronized decorators for BidiMap
- making decorators serializable
- adding newInstance methods to decorators
These will probably have to wait until after 3.0.

Stephen