commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [collections][PROPOSAL] Remove Observable subpackage
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:52:27 GMT

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> So, whos in favour of removing it from [collections]?
> And where to, sandbox (observable), sourceforge (joda-observable), or
> elsewhere?

I'm +1 on it moving out. Who is the community as far as that piece of code
is concerned? Is it just a Stephen Colebourne work, ie) moving to joda
makes good sense, or something by more people?

As far as making Collections a 'SLP' of Jakarta, I think it would be
better to keep it in Jakara Commons and just have sibling projects. Or
have multiple jars being built by the Collections project. Just because it
has multiple jars doesn't mean it's a n umbrella project.

Hen