commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject re: new functionality in some of the commons classes - contd
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:30:35 GMT

One thing that helps is to use the [component] notation so that people
notice the email quicker. I imagine that most of us filter the components
that we care about most into special folders and check the general commons
folder less often. So a title like:

[lang] new functions for StringUtils

might help to get to those interested quickly. Create an email per
component. So if all the new ideas are for lang, one email, but if there
are collections or digester ideas etc, multiple emails. Don't worry about
sending an example, just go ahead and dump all the ideas to the list :)

If you feel the idea is getting ignored, reporting it as an improvement in
Bugzilla is often a good way to ensure it gets noticed before the next
release of the component.

Hope that helps,

Hen