commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Web Presence for ALL Jakarta Commons components
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:18:57 GMT

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Tim O'Brien wrote:

> > > I too would favor Maven and could definately help with the transition.
> >
> > OK, that's three: Mark, Martin and Brett.  Is there any reason to NOT do
> > this?  If not, I'd suggest that the three of you coordinate efforts, and do
> > it.
>
> Count me on the list, I've done a fair amount of Mavenizing already, but
> most of it has been undercover :-)

Ditto. Am prepared to put time into achieving a common l&f for Commons.

Couple of complaints about Maven:

1) I don't want to have to build every project [ie figure out weird Sun
dependencies] just to push up a global site change. I can accept this
though.

2) The standard 'project documentation' section gets placed at the bottom
when it's the most important information for a specific project. We
replicate most of this in other sections. This replication can be a bit
odd though, ie) contributors page and the maven generated project team
page.

Hen