commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Cliff <m...@mattcliff.com>
Subject [math] implementation of Polynomial Function
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 05:24:01 GMT
Attached are two new files that implement a Polynomial as a
UnivariateRealFunction and should be added to the
org.apache.commons.math.analysis packages in both java and test
respectively.

 I do not have commit privileges and would appreciate on the the math
contributors or members to add these.

   also, I have added a patch that will remove the firstDerivative and
secondDerivative methods from the UnivariateRealFunction interface (and
appropriate unit test).  This item was still pending consensus.  I plan to
write a couple classes such as UnivariateRealDifferentiator that will give
numeric approximates using point evaluation to achieve this.  I also plan
to contribute UnivariateRealIntegrator pattern.

--
      Matt Cliff
      Cliff Consulting

      The label said install Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux.