commons-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Cliff <m...@mattcliff.com>
Subject [math] interface for UnivariateRealFunction (differentiability)
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:07:16 GMT

What is the purpose for having the firstDerivative() and
secondDerivative() methods on a UnivariateRealFunction ?

   It is a little troubling to me to have at this level (perhaps if needed
a subclass such as UnivariateDifferentiableRealFunction ).  Most numerical
processes only require a function analysis, also when doing anything
'challenging'  the differentiablity can get complicated, if not
impossible.

--
      Matt Cliff
      Cliff Consulting

      The label said install Windows 98 or better so I installed Linux.