commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [hivemind] what exactly is the issue here?
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 05:35:16 GMT
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > We're not the ones whom Howard needs to discuss this with.

> Yes and no.  I'm on the Jakarta PMC, you're an ASF member, we're
> both jakarta commons committers, so I belive and as I understand
> it, we are among the ones Howard needs to discuss this with.

In your capacity as a Jakarta PMC member, yes.  And there are other PMC
members here, such as Craig, Danny, and Howard, himself, IIRC.

I don't care if he talks with me about this situation or not; the Board are
our elected Officers, with the experience to resolve such matters, or bring
them to the membership if they felt the need.  However, Howard has an
obligation to notify the Foundation when an IP issue arises.  Even though
there is reason to believe that this situation will work out fine, and even
if the PMC and Board would delegate to him the ability to work out the plan
within some guidelines, keeping them out of the loop is not his decision to
make.  I am honestly not sure what he's thinking in terms of why he has not
brought the issue to the PMC and/or Board.  Some of his messages seem to
imply that he feels that if he did, there would be drastic action.

	--- Noel