commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Company Acknowledgements [was :Re: [HiveMind] 1.0 Beta]
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 17:50:08 GMT
> I've been trading drafts of the proposal and I think they are
> on the right track. I suspect we'll be going forward soon --
> possibly today.

I can't find in the archives where you've made the Jakarta PMC or the ASF
Board aware of this specific incident.  When IP ownership issues arise on a
project, as you made this project aware on October 22
(http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apa
che.org&msgId=1096118), it seems to me that either the PMC and/or the Board
ought to be directly brought into the loop.  As you said, "fortunately,
nobody's out to cause trouble", but it could easily have gone the other way
(and it isn't resolved, yet).

Robert Leland made the same comment to you on October 27th, about receiving
some guidance from the Foundation.  Corporate software grants, such as the
one with BEA for XMLBeans, are certainly do-able.  But for a PMC and the
Board to ensure proper oversight within a TLP and across the ASF,
respectively, they need to be made aware of when problems such as this one
arise.

	--- Noel