commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [logging] Resolving Logj4 issue
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:24:40 GMT
> From a Geronimo perspective, since commons-logging already has a trace
> level, we could just trash any log4j code from Geronimo for now.

The Commons Logging log4j adapter does TRACE at DEBUG right now because
Log4J doesn't have a TRACE level.  Dain suggested that we add an extended
level for TRACE to Commons Logging.  Others have said that they would like
to see Log4J address it directly.  Whatever solution comes from the
discussion between the projects is probably fine.  The important things are
(a) improved collaboration, and (b) the solution.

	--- Noel