commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: jndi from xml WAS: (commons-user) DBCP accessed by an outside JVM
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 15:32:46 GMT
Phil Steitz asked:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Please submit for Apache naming.  I think it could be quite useful.

> Speaking of Apache naming, now that the project is moving into the
> incubator, what should our strategy be on incorporating commons-naming?

> Should we move this out of the commons sandbox and into the incubator,
> or should we continue development in commons?

When we get the structure in place for the Apache directory project, I think
it might make sense to migrate naming.  But let's get the other going first.
I'll be back in the office tomorrow, and will start to push that forward.
Everything is in place as far as I know, except for the actual
infrastructure setup.  All of the CLAs, the software grant, Incubator
aproval, etc.  We just need to get the CVS and mailing lists established.
I've prepared a form for that which I'll put into CVS, and then fill out a
copy for the project.  They have been using Jira at codehaus, which is OK
since we'll be importing all of the ASF projects from there into the ASF
Jira on nagoya.

	--- Noel